St. Joseph was a faithful fulfillment of all his obligations, and he did so with great courage. Throughout the gospel, he unquestionably obeyed God’s commandments: to take his family safely to Egypt fleeing the wrath of King Herod; to return to Nazareth; to present his son in the Temple for circumcision and formal presentation, and to travel to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover.
He does not know the slightest doubt that St. Joseph accepted the responsibility of his vocation: to be the faithful husband and father. He offered the best he could for his family, whether in Bethlehem or Nazareth.
Although the Gospels have very little information about the life of the Holy Family in Nazareth, they were modest people: when St. Joseph and Mary present Jesus in the Temple, they offer two turtledoves as a sacrifice, an exception made for the poorest families who could not afford the usual offer of a lamb.
St Joseph Novena Day 3: Love and respect for the Holy Name of Jesus
1. By the Sign of the Cross
By the sign of the cross deliver us from our enemies, you who are our God. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
2. Act de contrition
O, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because of your just punishment, but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.
– Ask here for the grace you wish to attain –
3. Preliminary Prayer
O most glorious Father of Jesus, Spouse of Mary. Patriarch and Protector of the Holy Church, to whom the Eternal Father entrusted the care of governing, governing and defending the Holy Family on earth; protect us too, who belong as faithful Catholics, from the holy family of your Son, which is the Church, and obtain for us the goods necessary for this life, and above all the spiritual help for eternal life.
Obtain for us especially these three graces: Never committing any mortal sin, especially against chastity; a sincere love and devotion to Jesus and Mary; and a good death, receiving the last Sacraments well.
Grant also the special grace that we ask each one in this novena. Amen.
St Joseph Novena Day 3:
Love and respect for the Holy Name of Jesus
O most benign Jesus, just as you consoled your beloved father in the sorrowful mystery of circumcision, receiving from him the sweet name of Jesus, so we humbly beseech you, through the intercession of St. Joseph, to grant us always to pronounce with love and respect your most holy name, to carry it in our hearts, to honor it in life, and to profess with deeds and words that you were our Savior and Jesus.
4. Final Prayer
O custodian and father of Virgins Saint Joseph to whose faithful custody were entrusted the same innocence of Christ Jesus and the Virgin of the virgins Mary; for these two very dear garments Jesus and Mary, I beg you and beg you to reach me, that preserved from all impurity, I always serve chastely with clean soul, pure heart and chaste body to Jesus and Mary. Amen.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, I give you my heart and my soul
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary Assist me in my last agony.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, May my soul rest in peace with you.
- Our Father: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Hail Mary: Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- Glory be: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was, in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Antiphon. He had the same Jesus, at the beginning of his public life, about thirty years old, son, according to what was thought of Joseph.
- V. St. Joseph, pray for us.
- R. That we may be worthy to fulfill the promises of Jesus Christ.
O God that with ineffable providence you deign to choose the Blessed Joseph by the husband of your Blessed mother; Grant that, as we venerate him as a protector on Earth, we deserve to have him as the protector in the heavens. O God you live and reign in the centuries of the centuries. Amen.
6. All Prayers for each Novena days:
St Joseph Novena – Day 3 Video
- The Novena of Saint Joseph
- Those little prayers Francis slips under his St. Joseph statue”, La Stampa, April 30, 2014
- Prayer to St. Joseph After the Rosary
- Externals of the Catholic Church Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals, and Devotions By John Francis Sullivan
Did this Prayer help you? Share it to Help Others, too!
Please, Help this Prayer reaches as many people as possible. Just Click below to share it in your favorite social networks. Thank you so much!
I love you, and Our Holy God Bless you!