To support his family, St. Joseph worked as a carpenter. The original gospel word for “carpenter” is tekton, which means “artisan”, suggesting that well, St. Joseph could have been a house builder and carpenter.
As a good Jewish father, St. Joseph passed this office on to his Son, and in fact, Jesus is known as “the carpenter’s son” (Matthew 13:55) and “the carpenter” (Mark 6:3).
Although St. Joseph was not the physical father of Jesus, he was a great father in every other sense of the word.
As a good Jewish father, he was responsible for the religious education of his Son, even teaching him to read the Holy Scriptures. St. Joseph must have been a good male example for Jesus considering that God, the Father, had entrusted His Son to his care.
St Joseph Novena Day 4: Faithfully correspond to the grace of God
1. By the Sign of the Cross
By the sign of the cross delivers us from our enemies, you who are our God. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
2. Act de contrition
O, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because of your just punishment, but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.
– Ask here for the grace you wish to attain –
3. Preliminary Prayer
O most glorious Father of Jesus, Spouse of Mary. Patriarch and Protector of the Holy Church, to whom the Eternal Father entrusted the care of governing, governing and defending the Holy Family on earth; protect us too, who belong as faithful Catholics, from the holy family of your Son, which is the Church, and obtain for us the goods necessary for this life, and above all the spiritual help for eternal life.
Obtain for us especially these three graces: Never committing any mortal sin, especially against chastity; a sincere love and devotion to Jesus and Mary; and a good death, receiving the last Sacraments well.
Grant also the special grace that we ask each one in this novena. Amen.
St Joseph Novena Day 4:
Faithfully correspond to the grace of God
O most benign Jesus, just as you consoled your beloved father of the sorrow caused him by the prophecy of Simeon, showing him the innumerable choir of the Saints, so we humbly beg you, through the intercession of St. Joseph, to grant us the grace of being of those for whom you serve, not of ruin, but of resurrection, and that we correspond faithfully to your grace so that we may go to your glory.
4. Final Prayer
O custodian and father of Virgins Saint Joseph to whose faithful custody were entrusted the same innocence of Christ Jesus and the Virgin of the virgins Mary; for these two very dear garments Jesus and Mary, I beg you and beg you to reach me, that preserved from all impurity, I always serve chastely with clean soul, pure heart and chaste body to Jesus and Mary. Amen.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, I give you my heart and my soul
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary Assist me in my last agony.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, May my soul rest in peace with you.
- Our Father: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Hail Mary: Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- Glory be: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was, in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Antiphon. He had the same Jesus, at the beginning of his public life, about thirty years old, son, according to what was thought of Joseph.
- V. St. Joseph, pray for us.
- R. That we may be worthy to fulfill the promises of Jesus Christ.
O God that with ineffable providence you deign to choose the Blessed Joseph by the husband of your Blessed mother; Grant that, as we venerate him as a protector on Earth, we deserve to have him as the protector in the heavens. O God you live and reign in the centuries of the centuries. Amen.
6. All 9 prayers for each novena days:
St Joseph Novena – Day 4 Video
- The Novena of Saint Joseph
- Those little prayers Francis slips under his St. Joseph statue”, La Stampa, April 30, 2014
- Prayer to St. Joseph After the Rosary
- Externals of the Catholic Church Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals, and Devotions By John Francis Sullivan
Did this Prayer help you? Share it to Help Others, too!
Please, Help this Prayer reaches as many people as possible. Just Click below to share it in your favorite social networks. Thank you so much!
I love you, and Our Holy God Bless you!