The Popes, throughout the history of the Church, have recognized the importance of St. Joseph in the mystery of God’s salvation. Pope Pius IX declared him Patron of the Catholic Church in 1870.
Pope Leo XIII in “Quamquam Pluries” (1889) wrote: “Saint Joseph was the guardian, the administrator and the legitimate and natural defender of the divine house of which he was the head. It was thus, natural and very worthy of St. Joseph who, supported in all the needs of the Family of Nazareth that wrapped in his holy protection, now cover it with his heavenly patronage and defends the Church of Jesus Christ”.
Pope John Paul II in his apostolic exhortation “Redemptoris Custos” (Guardian of the Redeemer), written in 1989, exhorted the faithful to look to St. Joseph in our troubled age:
“St. Joseph has been called by God to serve directly the person and mission of Jesus through the exercise of his paternity; in this way, he cooperates in the fullness of time in the great mystery of redemption and is truly “minister of salvation”.
His fatherhood has been expressed concretely “by having made of his life a service, a sacrifice, to the mystery of the Incarnation and to the redemptive mission which is united to him; by having made use of the legal authority which corresponded to him over the Holy Family to make him a total gift of himself, his life and his work; by having converted his human vocation to domestic love with the superhuman oblation of himself, of his heart and of every capacity, into the love placed at the service of the Messiah, who grows in his house”.
St Joseph Novena Day 7: Don’t lose God’s love for mortal sin
1. By the Sign of the Cross
By the sign of the cross delivers us from our enemies, you who are our God. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
2. Act de contrition
O, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because of your just punishment, but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.
– Ask here for the grace you wish to attain –
3. Preliminary Prayer
O most glorious Father of Jesus, Spouse of Mary. Patriarch and Protector of the Holy Church, to whom the Eternal Father entrusted the care of governing, governing and defending the Holy Family on earth; protect us too, who belong as faithful Catholics, from the holy family of your Son, which is the Church, and obtain for us the goods necessary for this life, and above all the spiritual help for eternal life.
Obtain for us especially these three graces: Never committing any mortal sin, especially against chastity; a sincere love and devotion to Jesus and Mary; and a good death, receiving the last Sacraments well.
Grant also the special grace that we ask each one in this novena. Amen.
St Joseph Novena Day 7:
Not to lose God’s love for mortal sin
O most benign Jesus, just as by following the will of your heavenly Father you allowed your beloved father on earth to suffer the most vehement pain of losing you for three days, so we humbly beg you, through the intercession of St. Joseph, that before we want to lose all things and displease any friend, that we cease to do your will; that we never lose you through mortal sin, or that if we, unfortunately, lose you we find you through a good confession.
4. Final Prayer
O custodian and father of Virgins Saint Joseph to whose faithful custody were entrusted the same innocence of Christ Jesus and the Virgin of the virgins Mary; for these two very dear garments Jesus and Mary, I beg you and beg you to reach me, that preserved from all impurity, I always serve chastely with clean soul, pure heart and chaste body to Jesus and Mary. Amen.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, I give you my heart and my soul
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary Assist me in my last agony.
- Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, May my soul rest in peace with you.
- Our Father: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Hail Mary: Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- Glory be: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was, in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Antiphon. He had the same Jesus, at the beginning of his public life, about thirty years old, son, according to what was thought of Joseph.
- V. St. Joseph, pray for us.
- R. That we may be worthy to fulfill the promises of Jesus Christ.
O God that with ineffable providence you deign to choose the Blessed Joseph by the husband of your Blessed mother; Grant that, as we venerate him as a protector on Earth, we deserve to have him as the protector in the heavens. O God you live and reign in the centuries of the centuries. Amen.
6. All Nine Days Prayers – St Joseph Novena:
St Joseph Novena – Day 7 Video
- The Novena of Saint Joseph
- Those little prayers Francis slips under his St. Joseph statue”, La Stampa, April 30, 2014
- Prayer to St. Joseph After the Rosary
- Externals of the Catholic Church Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals, and Devotions By John Francis Sullivan
Did this Prayer help you? Share it to Help Others, too!
Please, Help this Prayer reaches as many people as possible. Just Click below to share it in your favorite social networks. Thank you so much!
I love you, and Our Holy God Bless you!